The next quarterly meeting will be on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 12PM (noon) CST
The Nebraska Association of Licensed Private Investigators (also known by its acronym "NALPI") is an association comprised of a diverse group of licensed private investigators and related professionals, from across the entire state of Nebraska. It is filed with the Secretary of State - Corporations division at the state capitol in Lincoln as "a fraternal association to promote and maintain the highest educational standards and ethical practices in the fields of investigation and related practices."
The primary purpose of this organization is education. Its objectives are to:
1) Encourage and develop cooperation among all Nebraska private detectives, law enforcement agencies, and other government agencies, in the application and utilization of the services that private detectives provide for the good of the general public;
2) Promote and maintain the highest standards of ethics, integrity, honor and conduct in the private detective profession;
3) Develop the highest standards of proficiency in the profession by fostering and encouraging training, study and progressive techniques among the members;
4) Provide an opportunity and forum for the exchange of information between members regarding experiences, studies, and training;
5) Establish a means of ongoing communication between the members and agencies responsible for licensing and regulation of private detectives;
6) Monitor legislation, proposed legislation, or regulation, which affects private detectives, and to support or oppose legislation based on the studied effect upon the industry;
7) Disseminate, by publication or other means, information of interest to members, the public, and government, for the benefit of the members; and
8) Cooperate with other national, regional and state associations in matters of mutual interest and of benefit to the detective profession.
NALPI links Nebraska-licensed individuals and entities in various investigative fields and their related disciplines. It seeks to define standards, contribute meaningfully to relationships and conversations with the general public, and to foster trust, respect and cooperation among its associates, whether they exist in either the public or private sectors.
NALPI normally meets quarterly (i.e., in the months of January, April, July, and October) in the capitol city of Lincoln, on the third Wednesday of that month, at 12PM (noon).
The current meeting place is:
Country Inn Suites
5353 N. 27th Street
Lincoln, NE 68521
Meetings are held in one of the board rooms on the second floor. The room's name will be announced whenever possible, and rooms will be visibly marked when you arrive for the meeting.
During the meetings, members and invited speakers discuss issues affecting our professions and share information to help better our standards and techniques (similar to "continuing education" forums and seminars) and invited guests are always welcome to join in the discussions.